Just because we increase the speed of information doesn't mean we can increase the speed of decisions. Pondering, reflecting and ruminating are undervalued skills in our culture. Dale Dauten
Basic Counselling Skills for Managers
Course Duration: 1 day
What will I learn?
- The basic counselling skills of attending and listening, empathic responding, prompting and probing, challenging and summarising
- The relevance of these skills in establishing and maintaining rapport
- The importance of appropriate body language
- The power and usefulness of these skills as communication tools in a variety of work situations
- The potential use of these skills in selection, appraisal, grievance, disciplinary and client-contact interviews
- The essential use of these skills in target setting, coaching, counselling and mentoring team members
What problems can this training help me solve?
- Bring a structured approach to all one-to-one meetings
- Unify your understanding of essential communication tools
- Refine your leadership skills
- Enhance the application of your technical competence
- Enhance your client contact skills