It's how you say it
Did you know
that people pay relatively less attention to 'what' you say (as little as 7%) and more to how you say it, the visual impact you make and your voice (as much as 93%)
Public Speaking Intermediate Course
Preparation of two minute speech
Course duration for Groups: 1 day
Coaching on a one-to-one basis: 2 hours
What will I learn?
- How to develop and use your voice correctly focusing on breath control, tone, pitch, flexibility, volume, pace, diction, projection, articulation and accent reduction if necessary.
- How to become more aware of your own body language and that of others, your posture, movement, and gesture; public and personal space.
- How to become more confident when speaking, think on your feet, deal with difficult people and questions, develop rapport with your audience and humour.
- How to use inter-active techniques the use of one-liners, personal stories, audience feedback and eye contact to keep the attention of your audience.
- How to use theatrical techniques to help you feel prepared and focused, learn to relax your muscles, learn to correctly use your diaphragm for breathing, learn to incorporate visualisation exercises into your mental practice and master the art of the three P's practice, practice and practice!
- If English is not your first language you will be given assistance in the delivery and pronunciation of English texts. Explanations to aid comprehension can be given in French and German whilst encouraging responses to be in English.
- How to demonstrate what you have learnt on the course in a two minute speech.