Visual Aids versus Words
Did you know people only remember around 25% of what they hear, 50% of what they see and hear, 75% of what they see, hear and say, and 100% of what they see, hear, say and do. Talks only hit 25% of recollection using visuals can increase recollection to 75%.
Presentation Skills, structuring and delivery of presentations and papers for conferences and seminars
Course duration for Groups: 1 day
Coaching on a one-to-one basis: 2 hours
What will I learn?
- How to structure your presentation, paper and or talk. Learn the value of a concise and clear introduction and closing; the power of repetition; the use of mnemonics to aid memory; how to link key points into a strong narrative to reduce dependency on notes; the power of the picture linking content with visuals for maximum recall, keeping to time and the rule of 7.
- How to develop and use your voice correctly, develop awareness of your own body language and that of others.
- How to become more confident when speaking, think on your feet, deal with difficult people and questions, develop rapport with your audience and humour.
- How to use inter-active techniques the use of one-liners, personal stories, audience feedback, eye contact and questions: rhetorical, group or targeted to maintain audience interest and comprehension.
- How to use theatrical techniques to help you feel prepared and focused, develop skills in relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques.
- If English is not your first language you will be given assistance in the delivery and pronunciation of your talk written in English and be given assistance in editing it if required. Explanations to aid comprehension can be given in French and German whilst encouraging responses to be in English.