It's just human. We all have the jungle inside of us. We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies, it's like a kind of poetry.
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider
Managing Conflict with Confidence
Course duration: 1 day
What will I learn?
- How to identify what is meant by conflict and what constitutes healthy and unhealthy conflict in the workplace.
- How to explore common situations that can contribute to conflict emerging in the workplace.
- How to understand how unhealthy conflict emerges in the workplace within attitudes and behaviours.
- How to explore your own feelings and attitudes towards conflict and your current approaches to responding to conflict.
- How to use this information in order to manage conflict - developing systems to monitor levels of healthy and unhealthy conflict.
- How to use assertive communication skills to manage conflict - solution-focused intervention skills.
- How to develop an organizational 'best practice' model to reduce and respond positively to conflict.
- How to develop personal goals and an action plan to implement conflict management skills in the workplace.
What problems can this training help me solve?
- Allow for greater awareness of conflict in the workplace and how this impacts on individual and team performance.
- Improve planning in order to avoid situations that may contribute towards conflict.
- Develop an organizational attitude that openly acknowledges the existence of conflict and channels for resolutions.
- Open to everyone to utilize in order to benefit the individual, team and the organization.
- Enable individuals to develop the practical skills and confidence they need to resolve conflict effectively.
- Reduce the negative impact that unhealthy conflict has on individual and team productivity.
- Enable individuals to feel that they have the power to change an unhelpful situation around.