Attempt easy tasks as if they were difficult, and difficult as if they were easy; in the one case that confidence may not fall asleep, in the other that it may not be dismayed.
Giving and Receiving Feedback
Course duration: 1 day
What will I learn?
- An awareness and understanding of the action learning model and the role that feedback plays towards helping adults to learn 'on the job'.
- Identify what the required relevant communication skills are in order to be able to practice effective feedback.
- Communication skills to develop your ability to implement effective feedback that will focus on two key areas - giving and receiving constructive criticism and giving and receiving praise.
- How to develop a model of 'best practice' for incorporating feedback in the workplace - creating the right environment, incorporating feedback into daily/weekly practice and utilizing feedback in team, individual supervision and staff appraisals.
- How feedback can help you identify strengths in your team and how to utilize this knowledge effectively.
- The One Minute Management Technique - utilizing praise on a daily basis in the workplace.
- How to set goals and develop a personal action plan.
What problems can this training help me solve?
- Increase understanding on what helps adults to learn and how feedback fits into this model.
- Be able to analyze the strengths within your team and how to utilize them to their maximum.
- How to improve individual and team motivation at work.
- Increase individual levels of self-confidence to perform tasks.
- Be able to analyze how to match tasks with individual skills improving individual and team performance
- Value the importance of praise and constructive criticism and feel comfortable to practice this.
- Have clear goals and direction.